Monday, April 19, 2010

Struggling to Think of a Title

I haven't "blogged" in a very long time so I just wanted to write something. Even as I'm writing now I have no idea what I want or am going to say. Stream of consciousness I guess.(I think thats what it's called anyway). I haven't used my brain in some time now. Work has taken over my life for the time being and it's mostly a brainless job. Working so much lately has made me realize how important it is to find a job/career that you enjoy, that you care about, that is of great importance to you. The amount of time we spend at our jobs takes up a great portion of our lives. If we are spending all this time doing something we don't have a heart for or isn't challenging, I feel it is a waste of time. Granted, sometimes the "ideal" job may be out of reach for the time being and a paycheck is necessary, unfortunately. But I am beginning to realize that there are things in this life that I feel I want to do or need to do and these things aren't just going to happen. I have to actually GO do something about it. I tend to be on the lazy end of the spectrum about most things. I work hard once I get started, but it's the getting started part that seems to be a real nuisance. Now to figure out what that "ideal" job is...prayer requested. What do I care enough about to spend the rest of my life doing? I think I will figure it out, just have to get started, I guess.

On a lighter note...the weather has been amazing lately. Anyone wanna go camping?

5 comments:

  1. Definitely praying for your career decisions. And...we are talking about camping too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the not-so-fun realities. It's good, though, that you're thinking about it before you get "locked into a job." Kevin would recommend reading 48 DAYS TO THE WORK YOU LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, thanks for posting. We've been waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw your comment on my blog and then read your post. Quite "ironical." :)

    Glad to read a post from you and to hear/see your "life decisions" process. My only advice is to try to GO DO what is currently closest to your heart - meaning what is closest to your heart will probably always be changing. All that we can really know is what is in the present. Planning for the future is important, but the future is always uncertain. It's hard for me, personally, to live this way, but it's brilliant when I do.

    "Go sing, too loud
    Make your voice break- Sing it out
    Go scream, do shout
    Make an earthquake..."
    GO DO!

    Are you kidding? YES, I want to go camping every day! Too bad we're thousands of miles apart. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! FINALLY :) I can relate. And my uncle just bought a camper! I've only ever camped in a tent, so this is a big step up for me!

    ReplyDelete